Tuesday, December 25, 2018

What I Ordered from Santa

There’s not much gift exchanging in my life these days, unfortunately.  At least there are fewer opportunities to buy or make presents that just don’t work for the recipient.  I am good at that.  I allow myself to order things at this time of year and open them on Christmas.

I broke my favorite Pawley Studio mug recently, so I ordered a custom one.  I picked the wrong size, so it will be a holder for my many sock size DPNs.  The tool bag and the pins came from Becka Rahn on Etsy.  The bag has a sonic crochet hook on it,  The pins all have knitting/Firefly sayings on them.

The embroidery kit is from Sublime Stitching.  It is a chambray bandana printed with many designs and lots of embroidery floss.  The book is from Kate Davies Designs and has many cool hats.  I have yarn on the way from the UK to make one of them.  The yarn in front is the 25th of my advent calendar yarns from Happy Little Yarns.  The colorway is Aurora Borealis, which kind of goes with the last package.

It is Must Stash’s Space Camp KAL kit.  There’s a project bag printed in sparkly ink. There’s a astronaut ice cream sandwich,  There are hand and sock bar soaps and skin balm, all in a nice scent called Night Sky.  There’s a mug from Hill Country Pottery.  I bought last year’s mug and use it all the time.  This one is even nicer.  The yarn is self striping sock yarn in two matched skeins.  It has stellina for that night sky sparkle.

Merry holidays to those that celebrate them, and much fibery goodness to all.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Awesome gifts to yourself. We were not exchanging this year because of the past two months. The Hubs ended up buying me a few little things and also wrapped up a couple of the packages I was waiting for.....he does that often....I hope you have a wonderful new year.....