Thursday, August 30, 2018

That was fast

Miss Babs is only one state over and the yarn was in stock.  I’m still a little bit surprised to have the yarn for my sweater already.
The blue is a bit lighter than the picture and more tonal than solid.  It is just what I wanted.  The yellow is brighter than I wanted, but I think it will work. I was concerned about matching dye lots.  I knit a sweater awhile back with yarn from different lots.  It did not work at all.  The people at Miss Babs assured me that the yarns were dyed in the same dying session.  I think I will follow their advice to alternate the blue yarns just to be sure.

Here’s what I chose for the final socks for Tour de Sock:
The colored yarn is Mad Hatter.  I had so much trouble coming up with an appropriate contrasting yarn on previous socks, I chose white for this one.  The pattern drops at 0700 my time on Saturday.  The final sock is a notoriously obnoxious thing to knit.  I hope that I don’t throw a hissy fit and give up as I have in the past.

No comments: