Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tour de Sock Stage 3

My intentions were good in yarn selection this time.  The choice wasn’t as successful as I hoped.  A totally solid light color with regular strength fingering would’ve been good.  The pattern suggested light fingering.  The one I used was splitting with virtually no stitch definition.  I half expect to be asked to supply more pictures so the judges can see that I did knit the pattern correctly.

No more socks until Stage 4, probably a week away.  In the meantime, I am planning a 13th Doctor cosplay outfit for Dolores.  I expect it will take vast quantities of vodka to bribe her to wear something this nerdy.  Sorry, Dolores, you are in a Whovian household.  Just be glad you aren’t being dressed as a Dalek.

ETA I didn’t have to send more pictures and came in 46th.  It is the closest I have been to the usual first place person on my team. She had to take an unfortunate dip in the frog pond, so it won’t happen again.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

LOL! I have yet to make Dolores....