Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I was working on Broken Jack, a pattern by General Hogbuffer.  It looks like a British flag was dipped in liquid nitrogen, poked with a pointed stick, and then reassembled into socks.  I'm a fan of unusual construction, so I jumped right on this pattern (free at Biscotte Yarns).  The yarn I used was a bit on the thin side of fingering.  I ignored the instructions to use two circulars and used DPNs instead.  The results ended up in the frog pond.  I'll restart them with a different self-striping yarn, probably the watermelon stuff I got from Biscotte a while back.

After the frogging, I wasn't in the mood for the counting that those socks require of me.  I poked around and found last year's Advent Calendar Socks pattern and cast right on.  The colors look like random choices.  I love it that each stripe actually means something.

I'm off to see what other people have been up to.  Then it's back to the advent socks and the Doctor Who takeover (Donna the bride just found herself on the TARDIS and is reading Ten the riot act).

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Okay downloaded the pattern, not sure I'll ever make it, but it is interesting...