Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stash Enhancement Saturday

I hope you lucky ducks who are at Rhinebeck are having a good time.  If I was there I would have gotten Spilly Jane's new mitten book.  I also would have been tempted by the limited edition yarn that Lisa Souza did.  They are totally not my colors.  However, it looks just like the northeast US looks right now.

I decided that I must have yarn to make the Null Hypothesis scarf.  This is another of my ridiculous ideas.  I'm not allowed to start it until I finish another double knit scarf that has been gathering dust and cat hair.  I wanted something that was fairly inexpensive but not totally scratchy nasty stuff that started out in a test tube.  I got some Lana Grossa Meilenweit which is 80% wool/20% nylon.  I came up with it after doing some online hunting.  I got it from a place in the UK called Loveknitting.  Their prices were good and the yarn arrived in less than a week!  Here's how it came out of the packaging:
Pretty nice.  I'll remember them the next time I decide I must have more yarn.  It may be sooner than you think because...I have a coupon for my next purchase.  Heehee.

This is the third and final shipment of the Mad Color Doctor Who club.
I'm not crazy about the bag fabric.  It's supposed to look like a piece of the TARDIS.  It is a well-made JessaLu bag, so I definitely will use it.  The yarn is shades of green where the picture shows blue.  It's a self-striping MCN (merino/cashmere/nylon) in a great big  450 yard skein.  Bigger on the inside indeed.  I like it.




No comments: