Saturday, September 13, 2014

I can't do bamboo

This is the very pretty yarn I got from the SpaceCadet Yarn Alliance:
It's 80% bamboo, 20% merino. I haven't met a plant fiber yet that I like. My odd knitting style doesn't lend itself to plant fibers. They cut into my hands as I knit and it's really unpleasant. Hmm, maybe I can play with this with one of my little looms. That would keep my hands pretty much completely out of the mix.

I've been sticking with the Grandpa Cardigan and am within about 5" of the body being done.

I bailed on my mystery mittens. I think I chose a bad combination of yarns and maybe a bad needle size too. The mittens that other people are doing are pretty. Mine are not.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Its pretty...I love the feel of bamboo..not sure I have knit with it, but I have crocheted with it...I think it'll be great woven....