Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tour de Fleece

I wasn't going to participate in Tour de Fleece this year because of all the challenges I'm doing for Nerd Wars. When a team for Nerd warriors was started, I changed my mind.

What is Tour de Fleece? It's a spin-along that occurs at the same time of the Tour de France bicycle race. From Saturday July 2-Sunday July 24, participants will be spinning every day. We get two rest days (7/11 and 7/18) just like the bikes do. We set our own goals.

My goal is to spin for an hour every day. I'm going to use my drop spindle exclusively. Trying to learn to use my wheel will add too much stress and subtract a lot of fun.

I re-glued the hook in my drop spindle, but am not sure that it will survive a month of daily spinning. I'll do a more permanent repair some day because it is too nice not to use. In the meantime, I'm getting a souvenir TdF spindle from someone on Etsy that makes custom spindles.

No comments: