The challenges for this round are:
- Team Spirit: Valentine's Day. I made a hat for Amelia Pond.
- Intellectual: Prime Numbers. I made Wilf's Hat, modifying the pattern to use the prime numbers 2, 3, 5, 7, and 43.
- Scientific: Nebulas. I'm working on a pair of Helix Nebula Socks, inspired by the Saturn Nebula. (No bonus points, couldn't link this to Doctor Who).
- Technical: A Bonding Experience. I knit a pair of Medusa Cascade socks with sock yarn and blending filament.
- Giving Geeks: Cold Hands, Warm Heart: I donated four pair of mittens I made last month to charity. (No bonus points, couldn't link this to Doctor Who).
- Nerd Culture: Nerdwarscon. The challenge was to make something that you might use at a convention. I did a badge holder. Whovians will get the link to Doctor Who and probably why I chose the person I did for the name part.
I've got the yarn I need for my dissertation, the project that will go through all three months of the first round. I have a good idea of what I want to do for this. All I need now is to do a bit of research on mitten and fingerless mitt sizes.