Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am a winner


Lately I've been feeling like the whole world is looking at me with their fingers up in the L for loser shape. I don't mean to whine. It's just that I keep getting ideas and trying them out and then they fail. That's why it was nice to actually win something.

A week or two ago, I posted about a farmer in Vermont who lost nearly everything in a barn fire. Shepherd Susie at Juniper Moon Farm put together a fund raiser that brought in bunches of wonderful prizes. It also raised over $11,000 when the goal was 10,0000. How cool is that? It's even cooler when you win one of the prizes. It's a very pretty hat from Kate at positive purls. I can almost guarantee it won't fit me (smallish hat, biggish head) so I'm adding it to the door prizes.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Nevertheless congratulations, winning is always fun.