Saturday, August 7, 2010

Am I being unreasonable?

I'm in this swap. As part of the swap, we hand make something for the person we are sending stuff to. The minimum amount of time to be spent on whatever we make is 1 to 2 hours. Most people seem to work more than that amount of time. They make things like arm warmers, dish cloths, and amigurumi. Once in a while someone will make socks or a small shawl. I've sewn several project bags, and they seem to be acceptable offerings.

The current version of the swap has me partnered with someone who wants an afghan. She calls it a rectangular shawl, but it's really an afghan. She has not given any other suggestions for her handmade item. She doesn't want a pattern in it, just stockinette or garter stitch.

Am I being unreasonable to not want to spend the money or time (with a pile of woolly fabric in my lap during the hottest summer in years) knitting myself into a coma?

No comments: