Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Vacation from knitting

I'm going through a phase where I've been frogging more than I've been knitting. Well, maybe exactly the same amount. I've decided to take a little vacation from it and do some other things for a while.

I used to do a lot of counted cross-stitch. I was excited to find that Anna of Mochimochiland is doing a free chart of her Stackable Cats. The cats were originally a knitting pattern for a stack of three cats.

I was cleaning up and found a pile of smallish pieces that I've never gotten around to doing anything with. In the same cleaning frenzy, I located a really nice box that was designed for some needlework to be put in the top. One of my pieces was the exact right size for the box.
It was made from a kit I bought in Paris a few years ago. It's a reminder of having seen the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries.

I was browsing Knitting Daily recently and happened upon a Pincushion to make in Irish Crochet. so I tried it.

No comments: