Saturday, October 4, 2008

Me and Ravelry's top 100 socks

I started organizing a bunch of sewing and knitting stuff today. I did it because I wasn't in the mood to finish my bat wings. I started the bat because I wasn't in the mood to work on my latest Super Sock Scarefest socks. Now I'm posting this because the organizing threw my little brain into overwhelm. I was surrounded with little piles of things and could not decide where to put any of them. Break time!

Ravelry has a list of the top 100 sock patterns that appear in people's project lists. As a chronic sock knitter, I thought it would be fun to see which ones I'd done. Many of mine aren't in my project list, as I haven't entered most of my old completed stuff into Ravelry. Italicized are ones in my pattern/to do book.

1. Monkey
2. Jaywalker
4. Embossed Leaves
5. Pomatomus
10. Spring Forward
19. The Detonator
23. Baudelaire
24. Tidal Wave
28. The Firestarter
36. Bellatrix
37. No Purl Monkeys
43. Fawkes
56. Wee Tiny Swap Sock
65. Bayerische
70. Conwy
72. BFF Socks
79. Lenore
80. Dublin Bay
87. 'Vog On
88. The Solstice Slip

When you consider that a number of the patterns were beginner and generic ones, this is not too bad. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be downloading a bunch of free patterns and adding others to my ThingsIWant List.

By the way, Ravelers, this is the list.

No comments: