Friday, October 10, 2008

Look what I got for my birthday


not pictured: Intentions Yarn Club membership.

I was able to indulge myself because my dad sent me a great big check as a birthday present. I'm being good with most of it, but had big fun wandering around one of my LYS.
I've wanted the book ever since it came out. I've knit enough socks now that I need other options beyond cuff down and toe up.

The blue blob is actually a dusty periwinkle/purple color. It's my first Malabrigo. I'm joining the Wooly Wormhead hat KAL in a few weeks. I had some heather Cascade 220 in a similar color that I was going to use. However, all the cool kids were getting Malabrigo, so I took this opportunity to get some too.

The Noro is Silk Garden sock yarn. I've used the regular Noro sock yarn before and enjoyed it. This was a total "oooh, shiny" moment. I saw it and grabbed it and didn't even look at the price tag until I got it home. Hmm, wonder if there's something in the Cat Bordhi book that I can use this with?

No comments: