Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dragons!

The Ravelry Knitter's Holiday swaps amaze me every time. When I got this one today from LeiLani, I was stopped dead in my tracks. It's amazing. Even the shipping box carried out the dragon theme she used.

Here's what was inside:

  1. He's hard to see, but he's a tiny, rainbow-colored "Mighty and Ferocious Dragon". He's even breathing fire. So cute.
  2. A book of excellent patterns, including: a dragon, Here There Be Dragons socks, Dragon Scale Gauntlets, Stricken Sock Pattern (Cookie A! Yum!!), and Rivendell Sock (so pretty).
  3. Mythical Creature origami set, with a book and origami paper to make dragons and more.
  4. Dragon Eye oolong tea.
  5. A set of dps in a special dpn pocket.
  6. A dragon-patterned project bag that LeiLani made.
  7. Candy to represent the dragon's treasure. The Jelly Bellys look like dragon eggs to me. The gold-wrapped Werther's look like big golden rocks. The bag for the gold has pretty ribbon roses and beads on it.
  8. 60 second fix for hands (smells GREAT) from Crabtree & Evelyn. It's been labeled: For Dragon Skin.
  9. A very cool dragon teacup, with an insert for holding tea leaves.
  10. Handspun/dyed yarn from Spider Goddess in the colorway: Dragon Scales!
  11. Koigu, in purple and green which sound quite dragony to me. Love it.
  12. Dragon bookmark. I just got the new Neal Stephenson book yesterday, so you know I'll be using this right away.
  13. A piece of yarn. The holiday this swap was celebrating was Hat Month. I rarely wear wooly hats. LeiLani made a hat using that yarn and donated it to the Warm Woolies project in my name.

This was such a nice swap. Thanks again, LeiLani.

No comments: