Monday, September 17, 2007

Point A to Point B, via several other Points

Sonia is one of the people in Slitherin house in HSKS3. In an attempt to get all of us to post trivia answers, she sent them to us AND bribed us with a drawing for a Loopy Ewe gift certificate. We all posted and I won the gift certificate! It was such a nice surprise.


I decided I wanted to go to The Loopy Ewe's site. I knew there was a link to it from Lime&Violet so I went there first. Yes, I know I could've just typed in the url, but my head hurts and it didn't occur to me. While there, I saw something called a Stress Ball Hat Pattern that could be knit in 3 hours. Ding-ding-ding, the alarm bell in my head went off. I need a hat to donate at Yarn Harlot's talk in two days. I also have some yarn that I hand spun myself that should work for it. It started out as pencil roving which is why a complete rank amateur with a drop spindle can say the yarn may actually work. Anyway, the hat is here. It's also on Ravelry. If just getting to The Loopy Ewe was taking me this long, there was no way I was going to Ravelry. I might never be seen again.


Eventually I did get to the place I started out for originally. Looks like they are going to start carrying Lime&Violet yarn. I have been craving it, but told myself I couldn't have any more yarn until I got a job. Still, I was happy to flip through the pages, looking at all the pretties. Then I found the thing that I Must Have. If you are Kitchener-stitch-impaired, go immediately and check them out.

No comments: