Sunday, July 7, 2019

Yellowstone and Banff National Parks

I visited both of these parks on a single trip.  Most of my memories are not the best, due to car troubles and relationship troubles.  The car continued to be a royal pain for the next 3 years.  I continued to be a royal pain for about a year.  Some people should never be married and I would put myself high on that list.

As usual, I digress.  I would put both parks on the wish I could visit again list.  Banff is in the Canadian Rockies and is beautiful.  I remember thinking that they were even nicer than the Rockies in Colorado.  This is especially sacrilegious because that was where I was living at the time.  Even if you’ve never heard of Banff, you have probably seen pictures of gorgeous Lake Louise.  I remember seeing wildlife including moose and bighorn sheep.  There was a bear visiting one of the campgrounds we stayed at but there was no way I was going to go wandering around looking for it.

My souvenir yarn Yellowstone came from Knitted Wit:

The Banff yarn is a substitute for the yarn I really wanted.  It has some of the colors.  It is Malabrigo Mechita:

I have yet to settle on a project for the souvenirs.  There are a lot more parks and yarns to share in the meantime.

I have started on the annual Tour de Sock, which should keep me busy into September.  This year’s event is not competitive because the organizer is taking a year off to do family stuff.  Every 10 days we pick a pattern from a list of free patterns and we whip them up.  I have a major case of second sock syndrome which is why I am posting this instead of knitting.  The pair I am doing have more twisted stitches than I thought would appear on any sock.

No comments: