Sunday, July 21, 2019

Pillows

I finally got a pillow form for the Shadow Magic pillow.  The colors are from the yarn advent calendar I got last year.

I completed a Franklin Habit KAL for a counterpane pillow.  I weighed the leftover yarn and there should have been enough for a second pillow.  I knit it, but needed 10 grams of another color to finish the back.  Not only do swatches lie, scales do too.

I learned a new knitting phrase this week:  queue jumper.  I saw a pattern I really liked, discovered it was already in my Library, and found a ball of the recommended yarn in my stash.  And when I say found, I mean it wasn’t where it should have been.  The minute I realized it wasn’t in the proper bin, I glanced up and spotted it on top of a mixed up pile across the room.  I considered this to be a sign from the universe that I was supposed to drop everything and knit these socks.  These socks are a queue jumper.  I am behind two squares on an afghan KAL and the next stage of Tour de Sock starts today.  I am still knitting merrily away on these socks.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

That top pillow is awesome!!!!!!!!!! It was meant to be.....

Paula said...

Thanks! Those floating squares are really cool.