Thursday, February 28, 2019

More yarn!

 I finished several things since last I posted:  Twist Again sweater, slippers, bananas socks, Dolores’ latest outfit, and the Secret Admirer shawl.  I bailed on the Victorian scarf.  It is not fun to try and figure out how I need to do something so my knitting matches what the designer intended.  My fault, not the design.  Now I have some yarn to use when a pattern using a long slow shade change comes along.

I wasn’t quite ready to start another sweater, so I picked a hat pattern.  It has dragons on it.  I decided to do it in the colors of the Welsh flag.  I like Wales and found out recently that some of my English DNA may be Welsh.  Perfect, right?  Guess what colors I did not have in my stupidly large stash?
Loveknitting had them.

Back to square one:  tons of yarn and nothing to apply to something I wanted to knit.  I decided I wanted to a vest.  Long story short, yarn should arrive Monday.  I then decided I wanted to make the Hemisphere hat.  Do I have the equivalent of Malabrigo Twist in land and sea colors?  Of course I did not, but Jimmy Beans did.
That pile of things is more than two skeins of Malabrigo.  I wanted to cheer up after yet another day of cleaning up after a chronically barfing cat.  Jimmy Beans has a deal with three skeins of Tosh Merino Light packed in a Namaste snap top bag (the purple thing behind the pile).  The colors are yummy and I refuse to feel bad about buying it.

Now I have to decide which hat to start with or if I want to keep working on the sweater.  Yeah, the sweater I was avoiding that started all of this.

No comments: