Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting...

...for the third clue in one mystery sock knitalong, for the first clue in a second, and the first round of Tour de Sock.

It's not like I don't have anything else to work on. I've been slogging away on my use-it-or-lose-it project for May, Miss Winkle. It's mostly knitknitknit with a series of loops along one edge. Once you get it through your head how to do the loops, it's easy. Easy to the point of boring. The scarf is cute, though.

Also in progress but definitely not boring is The Name of the Doctor scarf. I'm getting a little better at double knitting which is a Good Thing. I'm going to do the designer's Can't Stop the Signal scarf when it is done. I went off my yarn diet and got the yarn for it. My favorite excuse came into play: a coupon! I turned that into some lovely black alpaca/merino fingering. I had to get the perfect multicolored yarn which turned into a special order from Woolen Mill St yarns:

Any Browncoat will be able to tell you why Fruity Oaty Bar colored yarn is perfect for this scarf.

I did finish my Fangtastic socks. I kept calling them vampire socks because of the heel. Note the little bats flying on the front.

No comments: