Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tour de Fleece: Day 19

I finished my basic goal. This pile of strings is 825 yards of Green Stamps yarn:

Why the name Green Stamps? Back in the previous century, some supermarkets used to give out stamps based on how much your bought. You'd paste the stamps in little books and when you got enough books, you could go pick out free stuff with them. Fast forward to a couple of years ago. I was buying some fun theme batts from someone whose name escapes me at the moment. For each batt you bought, you got virtual green stamps (that being the name of one of the most popular stamp companies). When I got enough green stamps, I got some free batts.

I missed two days of spinning on the Tour because I was under the weather. I don't feel too bad about it because I did meet the goal I set for myself. Tomorrow's the challenge day. I'm going to get the wheel ready to go and finish the Tour using it.

I ordered a custom spindle a couple of days ago. It doesn't make much sense since I'm planning on working with the wheel, but I don't care. The spindle has my name on it in Gallifreyan. Nerds rule.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I remember Green Stamps..my grandmother collected them...