Saturday, April 2, 2011

2KCBWDAY6

Something to aspire to.

I aspire to knitting better. I'm right-handed. I was taught to knit by me left-handed mother. I also learned to knit after I learned to crochet. This resulted in a knitting style that is unique and fast, but doesn't always give me the results I want. The problem appears to be with how I purl. It is hard to describe, but it is like my knit stitches and purl stitches don't match. The sizes and shapes are a little bit different. I've gotten around (heh heh) this by working in the round. The knitting looks fine when it comes from just knit stitches.

I expect this will continue to only be an aspiration for some time to come. It's going to be a while before I want to give up a decades-old skill, even if it doesn't serve me well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also learned to knit after crocheting, and it's true that my style is different than other knitters... but just as fast! Keep at it!

Stacey said...

(sorry... I didn't mean to make my last comment anonymous... I just clicked the wrong button!)