Friday, September 11, 2009

Work in progress (or not)


  • Fat quarter project bag-found a pattern for one of the boxy style bags. It didn't work out. I'm waiting for a new idea to arrive.
  • Socks-do not want to knit socks right now. There's one completed Cookie sock and another, from a different pattern, with about 1/2" of ribbing done. I'm not going to force myself to work on them.
  • Sweater-I'm making a sweater out of Peaches and Creme. You got a problem with that? I could've bought fancy cotton yarn for it and spent 5 or 10 times the $18 this cost. My budget can handle that.
  • Tam-When I reached Sock Burnout, I picked up my drop spindle and finished the bag of gray alpaca. I'm making a lace tam out of it. I did some Ravelry pattern searches to find an appropriate pattern. I was very amused to find patterns called River Tam and Simon Tam.
  • Shop Hops-the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop will occur on the same week as my birthday. I've decided that I'll participate this year. I've been busy with Mapquest and Driving Route Planner, trying to decide the most practical way of hitting all 10 shops. That was fun. It'll be done on two days.
  • Cat toys-everything will be going on the back burner until I finish a big order of cat toys. Maybe a after a few dozen the socks will start calling out to me.

No comments: