Thursday, September 3, 2009

No excuses


rovingballs
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
This is a half pound of wool roving from Hidden Haven Farm. I had no idea that it would be this much. The balls are each about as big as my head.

The paint's dry on my Kiwi spinning wheel. It didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but it still looks better than the plain MDF did. The wheel's ready to be used and I have lots of fiber. I have no excuses to keep from spinning. I do have two new projects that I want to do before I start, though.


I learned one thing from trying to design a project bag that uses two fat quarters: a boxy shape is necessary to use up most of the fabric. I wanted to avoid zippers, but those box-shaped project bags kept calling to me. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I found the Cutesie Box Bag Tutorial. I've got those shiny African fabrics I got at Stitches South that would make a cute bag. Watch this space.

I wanted a good Hello Kitty amigurumi pattern, and found one in an Etsy shop that's gone out of business. I want to make one in a Jayne hat, one that looks like a good luck cat, and a devil kitty. So many projects, so little sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: