Friday, August 22, 2008

SuperSockScarefest

Yarn Smackdown turned out to be kind of disappointing. Some people involved are really nice. Some people are flaky. I did my best to share information with people who needed it, but some other people just couldn't do that. I don't think I'll be knitting in these sorts of things any more*. I guess I'm getting too old and crabby to put up with it.

I will be playing with SuperSockScarefest, though. It starts on the first of September. On that day and about every 10 days after that, we'll have a new pair of socks to knit. I'm guessing that it'll be a half dozen pair of socks. We don't send them anywhere and we don't have to know what anybody else is doing before we take action. That sounds really good to me. There are even prizes. The materials list is supposed to be posted tomorrow. I'll soon be busy digging through my stash for my scariest sock yarns.

*Edited to add: well, since I'm already signed up for Hat Attack II and have the yarn, I'm doing that. It starts September 16. I should be between pairs 2 and 3 of my SSS socks. As long as the pattern allows for a large head size, I should be okay with this.

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

oh that sounds like fun! i'll have to go chek out SSS!