Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08 08:08

I love dates with numbers that repeat, so I'm getting a big kick out of the Olympics starting today. It must have something to do with having 10/10 as a birthday.

I am not getting a big kick out of my (enter favorite swear words here) cable company. Let's just say that I am not happy that I may miss the Opening Ceremonies through no fault of my own. I'd like to give Charter Communications, whose fault it is, a big kick in their collective behinds.

The Ravelympics are a hoot. There are 15202 projects to be completed 5469 Ravelers in 16 days. An Opening Ceremonies thread was created that was meant to be opened at the same time as the real Olympians started to march into the Beijing stadium. The thread couldn't be locked fast enough and we're already marching in.

We'll be posting our finished object and have a moment on the Podium and be acknowledged by Augustus Bobicus.

I suppose I ought to go to bed. I can start in on my first project at 08:08 am (US Eastern is twelve hours behind Beijing). Since I won't be watching the Olympics, I've dug out my Firefly DVDs to keep me company. I should reappear with pictures by Monday sometime.

No comments: