Thursday, October 10, 2019

More projects

I have been in a bit of a funk lately.  I start one thing, get bored, and start another.  Then I get bored and start buying things.  I can be excused for the shopping trips because I wanted some fun things for my birthday (today, as it happens).  Here are the stories.

Must Stash is always tempting with their great colors of perfectly matched self striping sock yarns.  They also have collections that often beg to be purchased.  The latest one was a national parks themed one and That I had to have.
The dark green thing in back is a big canvas bag with straps so it can be used as a backpack.  The Must Stash bag is more of a sock project bag but a bit heavier and sturdier than it looks.  The yarn is Great Smoky Mountains colorway.  The other goodies are a GSM patch and park map, hand balm and wool wash bar, and lip balm.

I spotted a cool sweater pattern with birds on it that I liked.  Sizes went up beyond what I needed, so I got some nice soft Knit Picks Stroll to make it.

I have been going through Doctor Who withdrawal, so I ordered a shawl kit from Stunning String Studio

I got a kit from Yarn Over New York for their Halloween in Space Mystery Socks.  With a pattern name like that, I couldn’t resist.  The yarn came in six or seven little boxes, like yarn advent calendars.  I have not even peeked into the boxes.  The KAL starts next week.  I aim to behave and only open them when told to.

The last in this batch of things was more of a stash hunt than actual shopping.  I am a big fan of what’s called in the US the Great British Baking Show.  When I spotted a KAL for the Great British Baking Shawl, I knew I had to play.  It takes smallish amounts of a rainbow of colors.  I can’t imagine what the pattern will be like,

No comments: