Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sweaters, Socks, and Squares

Rose sweater:  I decided that it was going to be too big and that I probably wouldn’t have worn it much even if it had fit.  I am going to wash it in hot water and make a pillow out of the felted remains.

Moon sweater:  haven’t yet worked out the extended pattern, so it remains in time out.

Sweaters using the Danish yarn:  the yarn is light fingering so it didn’t work for the pattern I was using which called for regular fingering.  I may try the yarn on a sweater pattern I tried last year.  I was burned out after trying the yarn twice on the same pattern, so no sweaters for me for awhile.

Socks:  I finished three pair.  Let’s see if I can find the pictures.





I decided to do my own advent socks this year, instead of the frankensocks I have done in the past years.  I am going to use a Drops pattern with white yarn as the background color.  The pattern will be done using the advent calendar yarns.

That leaves squares.  I crocheted some for a swap that I am in.  The ones I receive will be used for the  center of a blanket.  Since I don’t have anything in the works at the moment, I am making more squares for the blanket.  I went looking through my Ravelry library for patterns to try.  I discovered that I have a book of 200 patterns.  I found it eventually on a bookshelf.  It still had the receipt inside, dated 2010!

No comments: