Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Advent Scarf KAL

There's a group on Ravelry that is doing an advent scarf mystery knitalong. Every day from December 1-24 you get a new clue. I like the idea of having one little project to do each day. The yarn requirements haven't been listed yet, so I checked out what was required for the previous two years. I wanted to use laceweight and I don't have anywhere near enough of a single color in my stash. DBNY has some Rowan alpaca/wool blend on sale for half price. My hardest choice was deciding between rose and mauve.

Beads are optional with the pattern. I haven't decided about them yet. If I have beads already that will work with the yarn, then I might use them. There will be no new beads purchased because oh my Gallifrey do I have a lot of beads for someone who doesn't use them often. Perhaps I ought to use them if I've got them!

No comments: