Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grab-and-go Project

As a sock yarn addict, I have a lot of leftovers. The place where I've been keeping it is full. I happened upon The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits recently. It looks like this will take care of the leftovers plus give me a grab-and-go project. It consists of many little knitted hexagons. The pattern has you stuff each one with fiberfill or something like it. I think that will result in something too heavy to be practical for me, so I'm leaving the stuffing out. It won't be quite as cute, but I think it will still work. The hexagons are sewn together to form the blankie. Since it'll probably be a year before I get enough to do that, I'm not going to think about it now.

I've got a knitted jacket made from Koigu that was an epic fail. I knit it once and it was too big (yeah, even on me). I took it apart and knit it again. It was still a little big and looked horrible on me. I put it someplace where I wouldn't have to look at it. If I can remember where it is, it will be a great source of yarn for this. I can't throw away that much Koigu.

No comments: