I set it to one side and have been spinning with my new spindle. It goes much faster than my old one. I don't know why. I don't actually have to start spinning until tomorrow, but it is nice and soothing. Maybe the afghan will go better if I'm calmer. Hey, it could happen.
It's the first of the month. I knew that the next round of Nerd Wars started today, yet I was surprised to see the new list of challenges:
- Team Spirit: I have an idea for this. It involves The Master.
- Nerd Culture: I'm ready to start this one. We do something for another fandom and hopefully tie it to our team. My choice is the Browncoats.
- Giving Geeks: do something to make a pet's life better. I'll check to see what kind of donations the local pet shelters will take. My cats are so spoiled that they do not need any life-improving knit toys.
- Intellectual: do something involving a myth. Pandora's Box is the obvious choice, but I may do a little research. I think some of the earlier shows may have some good leads.
- Technical: knit/crochet/spin with something non-traditional. I may pull the yellow pages out of the recycle bin and crochet with paper.
- Scientific: use the scientific method on this project. They haven't given a sample yet of what this will entail. This is probably going to be the hard one. Yes, harder than crocheting with strips of paper.