Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SIS

The stack of not-yet-used knitting books has been growing around here. In an attempt to justify buying them, I've created SIS. SIS is the Self-Inflicted Sock club. I was inspired by the Yarn Harlot, who creates socks monthly from patterns she's been meaning to use. I've stacked up a dozen books to use. I've gone through my Ravelry stash and pulled out a dozen skeins of the oldest sock yarn.

I did something like this previously. This year was meant to have four projects, one for each season. Three went fine, but the last one had a pattern that just did not work. I tossed it, dumped the yarn back in my stash, and decided to move forward.

October's project will be based on patterns in the book Selbuvotter. I saw something similar on a project page in Ravelry and have wanted to try it.

No comments: