Friday, June 19, 2020

Works sort of in progress

Both of the hat kits are done but they need blocking.  So do two sweaters.

Ixchel sweater body has been re-reknit.  The sleeves may or may not have enough yarn to be done.  I decided to be safe and order another skein of yarn.  The yarn isn’t available yet.

I started another sweater.  I knit this much stockinette and got bored.  The interesting stuff comes after about 9 inches.  This is too much when I am going through a short attention span phase.

I started some socks with this tiger stripe yarn I just had to buy.  The stripes don’t look remotely like the ones on the box.  The feet are too big (totally my fault).  They are inching toward the frog pond.

The shark sock kit has about 2 inches done on one foot.  The construction is fairly elaborate.  The sharks are in time out.

The Safe in the City Blanket caught my eye.  The designer said it was done with worsted weight leftovers.  I decided to try it using fingering weight held double.  It will force me to tidy up my stash to find the nearly 20 skeins that are needed.  We shall see how soon that happens.  Expect much complaining about ends that have to be woven in.

I may throw in the towel on all of this stuff for the moment.  I know where to find some fun fabric.  If I can locate some elastic, I will make some masks until my attitude adjusts itself.

No comments: