Friday, July 31, 2020

8-Bit Swatch

I did the swatch for my 8-Bit sweater.  The pattern allowed for the swatch yardage.  I felt better about using the yarn for it, knowing that I probably won’t be in desperate need of a few yards at the end of the sweater.  It was also a chance to see how different techniques look.  I decided to do big areas of single colors each with a single ball of yarn.  It is a royal pain to weave ends in, but worth it in improved appearance.  

The new version of Blogger is not playing nice with my pictures.  Let’s see if I can prove that I did the swatch.
A bit bigger than I expected, but it counts as a success.  The light color is peachy pink in real life.

Moon sweater is done!  But not blocked yet, big surprise.

All Together sweater needs one sleeve and the neckband.  I wanted to use a lighter pink, but nothing I had contrasted with the dark well enough.  Maybe I can get a shot of it.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Love the All Together! I'd thought of making that.....and the peachy pink does show up on my screen