Saturday, May 2, 2020

(Virtual) Maryland Sheep and Wool

I always wanted to visit Maryland Sheep and Wool, but didn’t think I would ever get to do it.  This year’s festival has gone virtual because of that stupid virus.  I have been visiting the MDSW marketplace and having a good time.  I bought a show mug and T-shirt because I would’ve done that in person.  I have plans for ordering some yarn, hopefully some show exclusive colorways.

My big find was a kit for some socks that I never thought I would get to do.  It is the shark week socks by the late Tsarina of Tsocks.  She passed away several years ago.  A company called BeadBiz is offering some of her kits under the name Art for your Feet.

In between virtual shopping trips, I am working on my Ixchel sweater.  It was frogged and put in time out almost two years ago.  I figured out how to increase the size without making too much of a mess of the pattern.  There are several zillion loose ends to adjust and secure which will improve the appearance.

I did one project before I jumped into this.  A woman on Ravelry made a blanket pattern called Safe at Home.  I liked it but did not want to buy a bunch of worsted weight or commit to yet another blanket.  I had a pillow form and more than enough fingering weight, so I made a pillow.  I think it is cute.

Back to the sweater and PBS.  Bob Ross painting happy little clouds always cheers me up.

No comments: