Friday, June 8, 2018

Stash Enhancement Saturday

It’s Friday as this is being entered, but the yarn arrived today so the post goes now.

Invictus sent Bring a Banana, complete with sparkles.  It will be used with Allons-y for one of the TDS pairs.  Whovians will understand why this is a good pairing.

Also from Invictus is Thirteen, also for Tour de Sock.

This is Farewell from Peggy Jane Fibers.  I saw it on a certain stash enabler’s blog coughTammycough.  Peggy Jane created it in honor of her mother who passed away from early onset Altzheimers.
I like the colors plus the story made me think of my dad, who had dementia at the end of his life.

When the yarn arrived, it reminded me of something that made me smile.  After his funeral, some flowers arrived that were clearly delivered in error.  The arrangement was perfect to congratulate parents on the birth of a baby girl.  The card was from people we didn’t know.  At a sad time, we had something to joke about.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

HAHAHAHA! Glad you got it...it's absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE Thirteen!!!! I don't have any of her yarn...wait...maybe I do? I'd have to check my Rav stash.....and Bring a Banana is great!