Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Stitch Along Wednesday

I've spent a bunch of the last couple of weeks in bed and not stitching anything.  Things are better (I'm clean for the first time in I don't want to say how long) so stitching is possible again.

  • Van Gogh mini pillow: untouched in weeks.  It requires more concentration than I could muster.

  • Doctor Who messenger bag and the Russian dolls project bag:  likewise.  I was really fuzzy-headed.

  • Curtain re-knit: this turned out to be the one thing I could work on.  It consists of twenty garter stitch rows followed by ten stockinette rows.  It did take more effort than it should have to figure out where I should be purling.  I finished one of the curtains this afternoon.  It looks so much better than it did that the second one should not be quite so annoying.  I've already started it!

  • Mystery afghan:  I'm caught up with my squares.  The design was created for a scarf that's knitted in the round.  I'm glad I'm doing an afghan instead.  Some of the patterns are a total yawn on the right side.  I'll be able to flip them over when assembly time comes.  The scarf people won't have to assemble anything, but they don't have a choice over which side shows.

  • I think I need a nap.

    No comments: