Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Color Infection

I've been reading posts in the Ravellenic Games section on Ravelry. I feel like a knitting wimp because I only planned on doing one shawl in 17 days. There are people who are doing two of the shawl I'm doing. I decided that there must be a backup project in case I do manage to finish Bigger on the Inside before the end of the Olympics. It could happen.

I read about the Color Affection shawl. Over 5000 people on Ravelry have selected three colors of fingering weight yarn and cast on. My stash could use a diet, so I dug out three skeins that should work. One is handspun from Tour de Fleece two years ago. One's from Cherry Tree Hill that I got on sale. The third is from Schmutzerella Yarns. I think I bought it with another skein so they wouldn't have to travel alone. The handspun is off white, pink, and green. The CTH is a shaded green. The Schmutzy yarn is off white with some very pale lavender. I'm tempted to drop everything and cast on, but I'll be good. Back to finishing a second sock!

No comments: