Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pathetic May

I completed only one pair of socks this month. That was less than a quarter of a mile toward my goal in the Lime & Violet Sock Marathon.

It wasn't just knitting. My Blogoversary was three or four days ago, and I just noticed. I was going to rearrange some things in the house at some point. I pulled out the vacuum cleaner and it has moved about 3 feet in 3 weeks. A box of things I was going to take to Goodwill has been in one spot so long, a cat decided it was a good sleeping spot. Sleeping might be part of the problem, because I haven't been doing that very well, either.

Since May is about to slink off for another year, I shall look forward. I declare June to be Just Do It month. My sock goal is one pair per week. I am going to get those things to Goodwill and finish tidying the house. Maybe I'll sleep more than 5 hours at a stretch. Maybe I'll find a job at long last. I'll start a new pair of socks tonight. First, I'll spray that suspicious-looking plant outside. I spent all of may wondering if it really was poison ivy. Whatever it is, it won't be around for much of June.

No comments: